Power Failure Alarm
The Mobeye PowerGuard CM2100 (with PSU Type C, i.a. for EU) is a powerful and compact GSM alarm module to monitor power outages and the floating inputs. In an alarm situation, the PowerGuard will alert (SMS and / or call) to preset telephone numbers (up to 5 contacts can be programmed). Mobeye PowerGuard (CM2100) is also available with PSU for UK or PSU for USA / Canada.
The Mobeye PowerGuard runs on a 12V DC power source, or via the supplied mains adapter. As soon as the power fails, the batteries take over the operation; the contacts persons are informed of the outage via SMS and/or call, after which the GSM module goes into standby status. This ensures the unit still monitors the inputs and establishes network connection if an alarm message needs to be sent. It can work on batteries for more than a year. Once the power source returns, a recovery message is sent and the GSM module will remain connected to the network.
The two (NO / NC) inputs may be used for sensors or machine failure signals. Once an input is activated, the GSM dialer reports this via a phone call and a (free) text message.
See also: Setup Installation Process Mobeye PowerGuard.
Typical Applications for Mobeye PowerGuard
The Mobeye PowerGuard (CM2100) is designed to warn you in situations of a power outage. Several reasons can cause a power failure. For those situations where the availability is critical, receiving a power cut alarm can save a lot troubles. It is hardly impossible to list all examples of applications in the field, but just imagine the effect of a sudden lack of power in your own situation.
Typical applications are monitoring devices such as:
- air conditioners
- ICT servers
- water pumps
But even if the power itself is not the main concern, the Mobeye PowerGuard is a strong tool with its two normally open or normally closed alarm inputs. Any device can be monitored. For these situations you can also apply the Mobeye CM-Guard; the PowerGuard has the advantage that the mains adapter is included.
Mobeye PowerGuard (CM2100) is also available with PSU for UK or PSU for USA / Canada.
Click to open the documents and find more information:
Choose for comfort and use the Mobeye alarm system stand-alone or in combination with the Mobeye Internet Portal.
The all-in-one GSM alarm system sends alarm messages to the set contact persons.
The Mobeye alarm system can also be linked to the Mobeye Internet Portal. For a reasonable fee you have a SIM card, flat fee and a management tool for your Mobeye devices.
Choice 1: use your own SIM card and deploy the Mobeye alarm system “stand-alone”
- Works with a SIM card of any network operator, which you arrange yourself.
- Upon an alarm, the Mobeye system calls and/or sends SMS alerts to the set telephone numbers.
- At low battery voltage, the telephone number at the first position receives a warning SMS alert.
- The alarm system can send SMS ‘test messages’ periodically, to the telephone number at the first position.
Choice 2: activate the Mobeye SIM card and link your device to the Mobeye Internet Portal
By using the supplied Mobeye SIM card and registering the Mobeye device in the internet portal, numerous features are added:
- A SIM card that always chooses the best network available (provider independent).
- flat-fee costs.
- Management of identification and location via the portal.
- Upon an alarm, the Mobeye system instantly calls the (max. 5) set telephone numbers.
- The message is sent to the portal as well; the portal matches the identification and locations and dispatches the message to the ‘alarm’ contact persons as SMS text message and/or email.
- Periodically the Mobeye alarm system sends test messages (‘keep alive’) to the portal. If these are not received timly, a ‘warning’ SMS and/or email is sent to the ‘service’ contact persons.
- At low battery voltage, a ‘warning’ SMS and/or email is sent to the ‘technical’ contact persons.
- The portal shows the settings and historical data.
Do you want to use the Mobeye SIM card but it was not included in your box? Ask the MobeyeStore team to supply one by filling out the contact form!