Solar panel theft is an increasing problem. This Mobeye DIY alarm system protects your solar panel, triggering an alarm in case of theft attempt.
Don’t think about it: invested heavily in solar panels to get an interesting return on investment and save the environment. And what happens … a couple of panels are stolen. Sometimes this is as easy as to just remove two screws.
Solar Panel Protection
Mobeye helps by warning you. It has developed a GSM alarm that can be used to alert you to solar panel tampering and removal. Simply use a conductive wire and make a ‘loop’ below the panels; next connect it to the Mobeye battery-powered GSM alarm detector. In an (attempted) theft the wire will break or be cut, so you’ll instantly receive a message on your phone. The unit runs on batteries for more than a year. When the battery voltage value is low you will receive a notification.
This is what you need:
- Mobeye CM-Guard: Battery operated GSM alarm dialler with two NO/NC inputs.
- Conductive wire: An (isolated) copper wire or any other conductive wire.
- Optional: outdoor enclosure.
Security made easy!
How to make a solar panel alarm
Time needed: 10 minutes.
To make a solar panel alarm the following easy steps are needed:
- Upon the solar panel installation make a loop using a conductive wire.
Use an (isolated) copper wire or any other conductive wire.
- Connect the ends of the wire to one of the inputs of the Mobeye CM-Guard and set the input to ‘normally closed’.
The Mobeye CM4000 (CM-Guard) is a battery operated GSM dialler. If an input is activated an alarm will be sent by SMS and / or call to max. 5 contact persons.
- Configure at least one telephone number to which the unit sends an alert if the wire breaks.
SMS command 1st telephone number: TEL1:
For example: 1111 TEL1:07123456789
- Ensure that the CM-Guard is placed at a dry place, or use an outdoor enclosure.
You may also like…
- Mobeye 4G Outdoor Alarm (CMVXI-R)€ 575,00 (€ 475,21 excl. VAT)